2018 GuocoLand Shanghai International Elite 10k Race Competition Rules
Chinese Athletic Association, Shanghai Sports Federation, People’s Government of Putuo District, Shanghai Donghao Lansheng (Group) Co., Ltd.
Administration of Sports, Putuo District and Shanghai Donghao Lansheng Event Management Co., Ltd.
Shanghai Distance Running Association, East China Normal University, Changfeng Ecological Business District Management Committee Office, Shanghai Changfeng Park Management Development Co., Ltd.
IV. Time & Place of Races
Time: 7:30am, Oct.21, 2018 (Sun.)
Place: Changfeng area of Putuo District
1) 10km Run: 6,400 runners
2) Family Run: 600 runners
Starting Line: Water sightseeing Pier of Suzhou River
Finishing Line: East China Normal University Stadium
The race route passes through East Yunling Road, Daduhe Road, Zhenbei Road and Changfeng Park.
2. Family Run
Starting Line: Water sightseeing Pier of Suzhou River
Finishing Line:No.2 Changfeng green area
3. The specific routes are subjected to the race route map published before the race.
1. Age Limit and Qualifications
Participants of 10km Run must be at least 16 years old (born before Dec.31, 2002).
Valid documentations like identity cards, certificate of officers and passports etc. are required for registration.
2. Every group of family run should consist of at least one kid and one parent (while there should be no more than 3 runners in each group). Kids should be 6 to 15 years old (born between Jan. 1, 2003 and Dec. 31, 2012).
2. Participants of the race must have been practicing long-distance running on a regular basis with good health.
With any following conditions, one should not participate in this race:
(1) People having never run 10 kilometers, or exercise for running for less than 3 months;
(2) Congenital or rheumatic heart disease;
(3) Hypertension or cerebrovascular disease;
(4) Myocarditis or other cardiac diseases;
(5) Coronary artery disease or serious arrhythmia;
(7) Pregnant women;
(8) Had caught a cold within 2 weeks before the race;
(9) Any other risk-prone diseases.
1) Priority Entry: starts at 16:00pm, Sept.11, 2018 and closes at 20:00pm, Sept. 12, 2018. Those who do not register will be deemed as forfeiting their priority registration opportunity. Those who are qualified for Priority Entry will automatically gain a position upon completion of registration and payment without having to participate in the draw.
2) Public Entry:
① Pre-registration: starts at 10:00am, Sept.13, 2018 and closes at 17:00pm, Sept. 15, 2018, after which the registration will be closed.
② Announcement date of draw results: on the afternoon of Sept. 21, 2018.
③ Payment time: starts on the afternoon of Sept. 21 (after the draw results are announced), and closes at 17:00 Sept. 23. Non-payment will be disqualified from the race and shall not participate in the race through any other method.
10:00am, Sept.13 to 17:00pm, Sept 15, 2018, registration will be closed when the limit number is reached.
How to register:
Access the official shang-ma website: www.shang-ma.com or shangma app to register online.
1) 10km Run: RMB100 per person
2) Family Run: RMB50 per person
4. Eligibility of Priority Entry
1) Those runners whose results of the 2017 Shanghai International Elite 10k Race meet the required standards in their corresponding age group according to the Implementation Measures of Rating Common Runners’ in CAA Marathons and Related Sports will be qualified for Priority Entry.
5. Race Package:
T-shirt, storage bag, timing chip and bib number.
VIII. Rules of Race
1. The races are subject to the latest rules of the Chinese Athletics Association.
2. Runners of 10km Run should put the bib number (big) on the front of their body. For anyone who does not wear, or folds or blocks the bib number, the Organizing Committee is entitled to cancel their results; for anyone whose result is not recorded due improperly wearing the bib, their results will not be considered.
3. At 6:30 am on Oct. 21, 2018, all the contestants shall present themselves for a roll call at the starting line and assemble at the designated area according to their event items.
4. Sequence of starting
Before the race starts, the 10km Run runners shall wait in the front array while the Family Run runners shall wait in the back array. When the starting gun goes off，the two arrays shall start to run at the same time.
The places of 10km Run runners are produced according to the results (net time) recorded by the timing chips.
No timing chips are required for Family Run. Rankings would be placed according to procedure order of timings when all members of the group have passed through the finishing line.
6. Time limit
To ensure the safety of the participants, a closing time will be set for each route, and public traffic will resume after this time. Any participant who hasn’t finished the corresponding distance within the allotted time should immediately stop and safely leave the track in order to avoid posing a danger to themselves and others.
10k Run: 1hr.30min
Family Run: 45min
7. Participants of 10k Run must wear the timing chips provided by the Organizing Committee. The Organizing Committee will not be responsible for any result caused by improper wearing of chips. Time record starts when runners run pass the start line, and timing carpets will be set at the start line, midway and finish line. Runners must go through all the check points, and finish the race within the limit time. Result will not be ranked if any of the check point time is missing.
8. Bag storage service is available for the 10k Run runners. You must put your small bib number which is the same as your race bib into the transparent area of the clothing bag and you should store your bag on the designated car in the start area, and claim your bag by your bib at the clothing storage coaches in the finish area after the race before 10:00. If you fail to claim your bag on race day, please pick up your bag in designated the place by the Organizing Committee within 5 workdays. Those bags will be disposed after 5 days. Please don’t put your valuable belongings in the storage bag (for example, mobile phones, watches, identification, cash, bank cards, keys, electronics, etc.). Please do not store flammable, explosive and prohibited items in the bag. The bag’s owner will take full responsibility for any damage, loss or accidents.
9. Drink & Supply Station.
Drink & Water Station will be set every 3 km.
Runners are not allowed to discard any cups, bottles, peel or packing bags carelessly. Please throw them into designated place or give them to the staff/volunteers.
10. The Organizing Committee will implement video surveillance over the departure point, the whole course and the endpoint. In case any athlete has committed any of the following offence at any time during the race, the Organizing Committee will disqualify such athlete from the race, order a two year suspension, ban the athlete from participating in the Shanghai International Marathon, Shanghai International Half Marathon, Shangma Series and Shangma SpeedX Series according to the circumstances and report to the Chinese Athletes Association for further punishment:
(1) False age & substitution;
(2) Carry multiple chips (including the possibility of a male runner wearing female runner’s chip);
(3) Complete the race in relays;
(4) False start;
(5) Not obeying the rules at the starting line;
(6) Not stop racing after time limit or going back to course after quitting;
(7) Not running on the required course accordingly, taking a shortcut or hitching a ride;
(8) Cross the finish line repeatedly or not completing the whole distance but crossing the finish line to get finisher’s packet and medal;
(9) Forge bib numbers, using other races’ bib numbers or previous bib numbers of Shanghai International Elite 10k Race, not wearing bib number, or wearing other races’ timing chip to finish the race;
(10) Alter or shield the bib number
(11) Transfer the bib number to another individual;
(12) Disobey guides of staff or interfere the race;
(13) Other behaviors violating the rules.
Consequences arising during the race from enrolling by false information, transferring bib number to others and those who didn’t apply for the race shall be borne by personal involved.
1. 10k Run
1) Awards for the ranking (USD)
2) Special Awards for common runners (except those invited athletes) (RMB)
Notice: The awards will be given after 10 workdays of posting the result of the awarded runners on the official website and the negative doping control result is confirmed.
3) According to the Individual Income Tax Law of the PRC, 20% personal income tax will be levied on the bonus. For a Chinese athlete who wins the bonus above, they will be offered equivalent RMB.
4) If an athlete wins the bonus based on ranking and the special bonus at the same time, they will only be offered the higher one. The bonus does not stack and rankings are not progressive.
5) Any runners who complete the race within 1 hour 30 minutes will be awarded with a finisher’s medal. The certificate of result will be available for download on the official website 10 workdays after the race. Please download the certificate within 60 days.
6) First 300 male and female runners who reached the finishing line will get the opportunity for the 2019 Shanghai International Half Marathon.
7) 300 points will be given to runners who finish the 10k Run.
2. Family Run
1) Top 6 groups who reached the finishing line will get an award from sponsor;
2) Every family group will receive a certificate of honor;
3) 30 points will be given to groups who finish the Family Run.
X. Insurance & Medicare
1. The Organizing Committee provides insurance for all participants against personal accidents and injuries that may occur during the competition. If the Organizing Committee cannot provide insurance for any participant or the insurance is invalidated due to incompleteness or inauthenticity of the registration, the participant will be held solely responsible.
2. Medical stations with a prominent sign 50m ahead will be set along the track, including the starting line, the race route and the finishing line; ambulance will follow the runners along the route; volunteers and staff will be arranged in medical stations and drink stations to assist medical treatment and maintaining the race order. Please ask them for help if any problem occurs.
1. The insurance purchased by the Organizing Committee is to be classified as personal accident insurance. However, any adverse effects resulting from pre-existing conditions will not be covered by the personal accident insurance. For example, heatstroke, fainting and other incidents will not be covered by the personal accident insurance purchased by the Organizing Committee. Runners should consider their own personal condition before applying to enter the competition.
2. The Organizing Committee will provide emergency medical treatment on site free-of-charge during the competition. For fees occurred in hospitals and confirmed by the Organizing Committee, runners should apply for claim after setting up with the hospital, and the insurer shall pay the claim within the limit of responsibility and quota.
3. In case of any personal injury or death during the competition resulting from the use of stimulants or any other illicit drugs, the participant will be held solely responsible.
4. To ensure the safety of participants, referees and staff members authorized by the Organizing Committee will have the right to prevent any participant from continuing the competition if the participant involved is deemed unable to continue.
XI. Organizing Committee
XII. The Organizing Committee has the right to cancel the race in case of force majeure.
XIII. Other matters are subject to further notice.
XIV. Organizing Committee reserves the right of final interpretation of these rules.
Organizing Committee of GuocoLand Shanghai International Elite 10k Race