Chinese Athletics Association of People’s Republic of China, Shanghai Sports Federation, People's Government of Huangpu District，People's Government of Jing’an District, People's Government of Xuhui District and Shanghai East Best & Lansheng International (Group) Co., Ltd.
Shanghai East Best & Lansheng Event Management Co., Ltd.
Shanghai Athletics Association of People’s Republic of China, Shanghai Distance Running Association, Huangpu District Sports Federation, Jing’ an District Sports Federation, Xuhui District Sports Federation, Shanghai East Asia Sports and Culture Center Co. Ltd, SMG Sports Channel and Dragon TV.
IV. Date & Place of Races:
1) 7:00 am. October 30, 2016 (Sunday)
2) Starting line: Bund Bull
3) Finish line of Full and Half Marathon: Shanghai Stadium
4) Finish line of 10km Run: Fuxing Park
5) Finish line of Mini Marathon: Shanghai Exhibition Center
V. Period of Registration:
1） Priority Registration:
Starts at 10:00 am. Aug. 29, and closes at 17:00 pm. Sept.12. Those who do not register will forfeit their priorityregistration opportunity.
Those who are qualified of priority registration will automatically gain spots upon completion of registration and payment.
2) Regular Registration：
1） Pre-registration: Starts at 10:00 am. Aug. 29, and closes at 17:00 pm. Sept. 2.
2） Announcement date of ballot results: Afternoon of Sept. 9
3） Date of payment: Starts atthe afternoon of Sept. 9(after the ballot results being announced), and closes at 17:00 pm. Sept.12. Nonpayment will result in disqualification from the race.
3) Registration: Shangma Charity- 2016 SIM Charity Entry
Registration will remain open on a first-come first-served basis until the maximum field size of 500 placesis reached between August 29 and September 12 (10:00 am to 17:00 pm).
4） See Notes on Registration for2016 Shanghai International Marathonfor details.
1. Men’s and Women’s Marathon (42.195 km)
2. Men’s and Women’s Half Marathon (21.0975 km)
3. Men’s and Women’s 10km Run
4. Men’s and Women’s Mini Marathon
Ⅶ. Race Courses:
Men’s and Women’s Marathon (42.195Km)
Bund Bull→ East Zhongshan No. 1 Road →East Jinling Road → South He’nan Road →East Nanjing Road → Hubei Road→ Jiujiang Road →West Nanjing Road → Huashan Road → Changshu Road →Middle Huaihai Road → Madang Road → Xingye Road → South Huangpi Road →Zizhong Road → Jinan Road →Hubin Road→ South Huangpi Road →Middle Huaihai Road →South Xizang Road→East Longhua Road → Bansongyuan Road→ Making a U-Turn at the crossroad of Bansongyuan Road and WaimaRoad → Miaojiang Road → Making a U-Turn at Miaojiang Road (near Shanghai Children's Art Center) → Miaojiang Road → the crossroad of Miaojiang Road and Bansongyuan Road→ Bansongyuan Road → East Longhua Road → Dapu Road → Jiangbin Road → Middle Longhua Road → South Wanping Road → Yunjin Road → Fenggu Road → Longteng Avenue → Ruining Road → Making a U-Turn at the crossroad of Ruining Road and Jiangbin Road → Ruining Road → Longteng Avenue → Making a U-Turn at South Longshui Road →Longteng Avenue → Fenggu Road → Yunjin Road →Making a U turn at the crossroad of Yunjin Road and Longyao Road→ Yunjin Road →South Wanping Road → Longhua Road→ West Longhua Road → South Zhongshan No.2 Road →Shanghai Stadium (finish line)；
Men’s and Women’s Half Marathon (21.0975 km)
Bund Bull → East Zhongshan No. 1 Road → East Jinling Road → South He’nan Road →East Nanjing Road → Hubei Road→ Jiujiang Road →West Nanjing Road → Huashan Road → Changshu Road →Middle Huaihai Road → South Xizang Road → Gaoxiong Road → Zhizaoju Road → East Longhua Road → Dapu Road → Jiangbin Road → Middle Longhua Road → Longhua Road→ West Longhua Road → South Zhongshan No.2 Road → Shanghai Stadium (finish line)；
Men’s and Women’s 10km Run
Bund Bull → East Zhongshan No. 1 Road → East Jinling Road → South He’nan Road → East Nanjing Road → Hubei Road→ Jiujiang Road → West Nanjing Road → Huashan Road → Changshu Road → Middle Huaihai Road → Yandang Road → Fuxing Park (finish line)；
Men’s and Women’s Mini Marathon
Bund Bull → East Zhongshan No. 1 Road →East Jinling Road → South He’nan Road → East Nanjing Road → Hubei Road→ Jiujiang Road → West Nanjing Road → Shanghai Exhibition Center (finish line)
1. To participate in Full Marathon, you must be at least 20 years old before December 31 of this year (to participate in Half Marathon and 10km Run, you must be at least 16 years old before December 31 of this year), have been a long-distance runner on a regular basis, and provide a health certificate or a physical examination report issued by a registered medical institution (not applicable for 10km Run) certifying that you are physically fit to run the race.
2. To participate in Mini Marathon, you must be at least 10 years oldbefore December 31of this year and in good health, you should participate with your guardian.
People suffering the following diseases are deemed unfit to run the race: congenital or rheumatic heart disease / hypertension or cerebrovascular disease / myocarditis or other cardiac diseases / coronary artery disease or serious arrhythmia / diabetes / pregnant /any other risk-prone diseases.
3. The number of runners for Full Marathon, Half Marathon, 10km Run and Mini Marathon is limited to 20,000, 8,000, 5,000 and 5,000 respectively.
4. Runners shall complete the race registration procedure according to the Notes on Registration.
5. Priority registration
Those runners whose results of the 2015 Shanghai International Marathon, 2016 Shanghai International Half Marathon and 2016 Shangma New Year’s Day Running Event meet the required standards can register on the Shanghai International Marathon official website or its app via “Priority Registration”. Those who do not register will forfeit their registration opportunity. See the relative requirements below:
The maximum time limit for the full marathon of the 2015 Shanghai International Marathon: Men-3 hrs. 25 minutes, Women-3 hrs. 45 minutes. The maximum time limit for the half marathon of the 2015 Shanghai International Marathon: Men-1 hr. 40 minutes, Women-1 hr. 55 minutes.
Top 200 Men's and Women's half marathon entrantsin 2016 ShanghaiInternational Half Marathon.
Top 200 Women’s 8-mileentrantsin 2016 Shanghai International Half Marathon will automatically gain spots in the 2016 Shanghai International Marathon’s 10km or 5km run.
Top 50 individual andcouple entrants in 2016 Shangma New Year’s Day Running Event will automatically gain spots in the 2016 Shanghai International Marathon’s 10km or 5km run.
Top 8 Men’s and Women’s half marathon tournament entrants, Top 10 Men’s and Women’s racing challenge entrants and 5 randomly selected public health run contestants in Athletics Tournament of the second Citizen Sports Meeting will automatically gain spots in items designated by the Organizing Committee. All the races above shall meet competition criterion and shall be authorized by Shanghai Distance Running Association.
6. With an aim to create a positive sporting environment for disadvantaged groups and to promote physical fitness nationwide, the Organizing Committee will establish the Shangma Charity Platform this year to allow runners who are looking to get a place in SIM race via a guaranteed charity entry. All registration fees for charity entry will be donated to Shanghai Sports Development Foundation. Moreover, Shangma Foundation will be established to advance the spirit of sport and raise funds to promote physical activities in socially disadvantaged groups as well as the development of mass sports and other sports causes.
Charity entry are available for the full marathon and half marathon.
Please refer to the Notes onRegistrationfor detailed registration information and additional benefits.
7. Standard Athlete Qualification Assessment
According to the regulations of “The organization of marathon standards in China”, standard athlete qualification assessments are only available for tournaments and championships which are held by the Chinese Athletics Association, therefore the standard athlete qualification assessment will not be held in 2016 Shanghai International Marathon.
8. In the spirit of mutual trust, the organizing committee will not require a timing chip deposit this year. Runners must return the timing chip to the designated place. Those runners that don’t return the timing chip will be banned from participating in next year’s marathon, and their results from this year’s marathon will be cancelled.
Ⅸ. Rules of Race
1. The races are subject to the latest Rules of the International Association of Athletics Federation and the Rules of Chinese Athletics Association. Runners will be required to take a doping test when deemed necessary.
2. Runners’ numbers (bibs) will be arranged and distributed by the Organizing Committee.
3. All the contestants must present themselves for a roll call at the starting line and assemble at the designated area based on events and bib number at 6:00 am on October 30, 2016. The race starts at 7:00 am.
4. Time limit of each race
To ensure a successful and safe race, a time limit both for the race and the transportation will be set to each individual race. The public transportation will open again after the limit time. Any runners who haven’t finished the race within time limit should stop and quit the course for safety reasons. Those who quit the race will be able to take the escort coaches provided by OC.
|Mini Marathon||10 K Run （including the finish line of 10km）||Half Marathon||30 km Run||35 km Run||37 km Run||Marathon Finish line|
|1 hour||1 hour and 30 minutes||3 hours||4 hours and 15 minutes||5 hours and 10 minutes||5 hours and 30 minutes||6 hours and 15 minutes|
1. Men’s and Women’s Full Marathon：
(1) Award for ranking (USD):
The Organizing Committee will implement video surveillance over the departure point, the whole course and the endpoint. In case any athlete has committed any of the following offences at any time during the race, the Organizing Committee will disqualify such athlete from the race, order a one-or-two-year suspension or a lifetime ban according to the circumstances:
1. Age or identity fabrication;
2. Racing with more than one chip per person (also including the possibility of one participant wearing timing chip(s) of the other gender);
3. Completing the race in relays;
4. Not following the start order and/or start at non-designated area;
5. Not obeying the rules at the starting line;
6. Continuing racing after cutoff time or re-entering the course after dropping out of the race;
7. Not racing along the designated course, taking a shortcut or hitching a ride.
8. Crossing the finish line repeatedly or not completing the whole distance but crossing the finish line to get finishing medal;
9. Forging bib number, using bib number of races other than 2016 SIM, not wearing bib number, or wearing a timing chip of races other than 2016 SIM to finish the race;
10. Altering or shielding the bib number, or transferring the bib number to another individual;
11. Not following event staff. Rioters who disturb the race order;
12. Other behaviors against the rules.
Consequences arising during the race from enrolling by age or identity fabrication or transferring bib number to another individual shall be borne by personnel involved.
Ⅻ. Technical Officials, Technical Representatives & Judges
The technical officials, technical representatives and judges will be appointed by the Chinese Athletics Association and the Shanghai Athletics Association.
XIII. Organizing Committee
Organizing Committee of Shanghai International Marathon
English Hotline: 4001962002 (service time: from 9:00 to 17:00 on working days)
XIV. Issues not covered herein are subject to further notices and updates.
XV. The power of interpretation of this race is vested in the Shanghai International Marathon Organizing Committee.
Organizing Committee of Shanghai International Marathon